Sunday, November 12, 2017

Back in Texas

October 31 to November 9:

On Halloween we packed up the Duchess and left the campground in Oklahoma City for a short drive south to the WinStar Casino RV Park. The RV park in located between the casino and golf course with about 150 sites. We took advantage of being a first time visitor to the casino by signing up for a "Players Card". We got our first night of camping free and then $10 off per night for the rest of our stay. We ended up spending 7 nights here for $140, a bargain for full hook-ups in a nice park.

If you put $50 on the Players Card, the casino added another $25 for you to spend. Connie ended up gambling for a short while on three occasions to lose her $50 and we used the $25 to have a pizza dinner at one of the casino's restaurants. The casino itself is 1.5 miles long with 7,400 slot machines along with other types of gaming tables. There are also a number of restaurants located inside the casino but the reviews online for most of them were not very good There is a large auditorium/hall in the casino where Dennis Miller & David Spade were appearing on Friday night and Ringo Starr & His All Star Band on Saturday night (both were sold out).

I used the week here to wash the outside of the rig to get rid of the dirt and grime that accumulates during our travels. Connie cleaned the inside, rearranged some of our inside storage and polished the cabinets/woodwork. By the time we left the Duchess looked great again. We did a lot of walking around the grounds of the casino trying to get some exercise in during the nice days we had here.

On Tuesday (11/7) we left the WinStar Casino for another short drive to Lewisville, Texas. We have an appointment with National Indoor RV Sales & Service to have our annual engine/chassis maintenance done along with some repair work: seal/gasket replaced on tag axle wheel & replacement of a motor that controls a paddle on the front passenger side slide.

We crossed the Red River into Texas and proceeded on to Lewisville.

As we got closer to the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex the traffic increased and we remember why we try and avoid large cities during our travels. We got checked into the campground at National Indoor RV, got set up for the night and then went to Taco Bell to have our "linner" .

The next morning they came and got our rig to start on the list of items we had for them to perform. We had breakfast at IHOP, did some shopping and then back to National RV. The motorhome was in the shop for the entire day and they did not finish all of the items on our list due to the rig in line ahead of us having major problems with their generator. So we ended up spending a second night in their campground.The next morning we went for breakfast at Mama's Daughter Restaurant. We came back to the shop and then walked through all of the new and used Class A motorhomes they had on the lot for sale. We didn't find anything we like better than the Duchess, so we will be keeping her for a while longer. The service manager told us that all of the sales personnel came by and looked at our rig and were impressed at how well the rig looked being 10 years old (build date of December 2007) and would have been "happy" to sell us a new one with the Duchess as a trade in. (:

Thursday afternoon at about 3:00 PM all of the work was finished on the rig.  We hooked up the Jeep and headed south to Arlington where we will spend a week at the Treetops RV Park.